28 May 2012

Goodreads

Apologies for my lack of blogging. As mentioned previously I had some pretty hefty deadlines in May so I was working mighty hard. However I am now finished! Uni is over and summer is here! I can go out and do many great things and tell you all about it. Firstly I need to catch you up on wjat I did before my social life went on a melt down and what I've done with my first weekend of freedom. All in good time though, wouldn't want to overload you with information and bore you. So let's start with a new social networking discovery.

My dear friend Skye (who is new to tumblr so follow her please :)) introduced me to a social networking site called Goodreads. Its a site for book worms. Its actually brilliant. I haven't been able to play around with it much because I've been working except when I was procrastinating but what I have seen excites me. It keeps track of what you've read, which I love as I always struggle with that. With the books you have read you can rate them and review them. Not only this but you can track your favourite authors, find out what they're up to as they keep you updated with blog posts! We do love a good blog! It also suggests books and authors to you based on your reading history. This site is exactly what I've been looking for and the kick up the bum to read more! You can set a goal for the books you want to read in a year and it tracks your progress. I'm currently slacking badly with 13%. As I said summer is now here so I have all the time in the world to sit out in the horrible hot sunshine and get absorbed into novel after novel.

All book lovers should check it out! and add me as a friend :)

3 comments: