5 Jan 2012

When does dating move on to relationship status?

For those of you who read my new years eve post you'll know that I got to kiss a certain someone at midnight. Those of you who have been around for a while will know I've been on a sort of 'man mission'.

In this post I'm going to clear up the mystery for you.

I have a man in my life. We've been friends for quite a while now and I've been crushing on him, on and off, for too long now years. I just thought that was the way it would always be. Until a few weeks ago. He let me know he was serious in a not so subtle way. I told myself to ignore my initial instinct of pushing people away and allow myself to be swept off my feet. And boy did he sweep.

December saw a lot of texting and cute Christmas kisses and dates. I guess you would define this as 'seeing each other' or 'dating'. It wasn't until today however, our 3rd date in my eyes and 4th to his, that we discussed our situation. I say discussed but it was more of a:

"So are we dating?"
"Yes"
"Does that mean I get to be your boyfriend?"
"Yes, if you want to be"
"Can I call you my girlfriend?"
"Yes" 
*Cue lots of blushing and smiling*

So there you have it. I guess there is no real answer to the question of how you move to being in a relationship. I guess it's just how you feel together and luckily we're in the same place. Did I mention how awesome it feels to finally nab someone you've fancied for agesss? No? Oh, well it feels Epic!

I'm going to be annoyingly happy for a while now. Apologies.

I've got the boy, now all I need is the body. Hello Dukan :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! sure glad to hear/read you didn't follow your instincts and push him away, may you and him be as happy and in love for many many years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I remember very well when my wife and I moved from just dating into a "relationship" I will cherish that memory forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats :) i hope you have a good relationship :) could you look at my profile, im new here :P http://abisoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahaaa I LOVE THIS! aww so happy for you! Love how you discussed it, priceless. Gave me the giggles.

    ReplyDelete