16 Jan 2012

So it's 3:20 am...

...on the eve of my placement. Although I guess its not the 'eve' anymore as it's the morning. I have had a good Christmas holiday break which has involved me becoming rather nocturnal and going to bed at 4am. I tried to got to bed at half 12 and thought this would work as I only had 6 hours sleep last night.

But no such luck.

I've got up out of bed, taken an anti histamine and tumbl'd for a bit waiting for the tablets to kick in and my eyes to go droopy. I'm not sure if this will work.

I'm just quite nervous. Funny thing is I'm not even really thinking about tomorrow. I have been all day but now I'm just thinking about every single other thing under the sun. My mind is just super active. Annoyingly always seems to be when I get into bed and hit the lights. Even after I'm falling asleep reading my book. I also can't get my recently played iPod playlist out of my head. Going round and round and round and I haven't even listened to music since this afternoon.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get to sleep? Sometimes mine work but I get in such a state/panic/crankyness that sometimes I get tipped over the edge and stay up all night. Its also, 9 times out of 10, when I have work in the morning.

I just need to relax I know. But then I start listening to my heartbeat, which as Fleetwood Mac quite aptly put, drives me mad.

I guess I'm just going to go back to bed and hope for the best. Wish me luck for tomorrow. I'll try and pop back and update you on my progress of the working world in the nations media capital.

2 comments:

  1. Well just lay in bed with no music on! lights off close your eyes and dont open them for anything, just keep them closed, sooner or later youll fall asleep, other thing that works for me is, i breathe slowly and concentrate on my breathing and feel really relaxed i fall asleep :) hope it works for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thank's for all. Regards, positive affirmations for self esteem really hope to be your friends

    ReplyDelete