1 Jan 2012

It's 2012!

Happy New Year to all my followers and readers! How did you all celebrate? If at all?

I actually hate New Years Eve because I find its the biggest let down of the year. The night is so hyped up that you feel like it you're not doing something your missing out and if you are, you're spending shed loads of money. However, if you do get it right, New Years Eve can be pretty awesome. Annoyingly I'm going to say that my New Years Eve was just that: awesome. 

I spent the first part of my evening with one of my best friends Deanna singing along to Nickelback "Today Was Your Last Day" one of my favourite songs and quite fitting for the occasion. Then off to the pub to meet some other friends.

First time I've ever been out out, i.e pub or club, on NYE. It was actually a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. Fiver to get in which is reasonable and they had a live band, though they were a bit rubbish. Drinks were reasonable prices as well. Which was the problem as I drank a little too much! But not before it hit 12 o'clock and I got to welcome in the new year. My midnight celebrations were actually the best ever. I actually got to seal the new years celebrations with a kiss! I know right, me? First time ever! && it wasn't just any old person either, it was with someone pretty special. But that's another story!

I'm quite hopeful for 2012, I think it could be a really great year. I've got some goals rather than resolutions. One of them is to read 75 books. I sadly didn't meet my quota of 50 for 2011 but I'm going to be a book worm from now on. These are the books I read in 2011 in chronological order. The ones highlighted I recommend:

The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fry
A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khalid Hossini
High Five (Stephanie Plum series) - Janet Evanovich
Darkly Dreaming Dexter- Jeff Lindsey
Dearly Devoted Dexter-Jeff Lindsey
Dexter in the Dark-Jeff Lindsey
Hot Six (Stephanie Plum series) - Janet Evanovich
The Lovely Bones-Alice Sebold
Life and Laughing - Michael McIntyre
Dexter by Design - Jeff Lindsey
Seven Up(Stephanie Plum series)- Janet Evanovich
I heart Paris - Lindsey Kelk
Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
The Truth about Melody Browne - Lisa Jewell
Lover Mine - J.R Ward
Winter Girls - Laurie Halse
The Single Girls To Do List - Lindsey Kelk
Pretty Little Liars - Sara Shephard
The Lost Symbol- Dan Brown
The C-Word - Lisa Lynch
Percy Jackson and The Lightening Thief - Rick Riordan
Flawless - Sara Shephard
Really Really Big Questions - Dr Stephen Law
Macmillan book of Greek gods and heroes - Alice Low
Tickling The English - Dara O Briain
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
Percy Jackson and The Titan’s Curse - Rick Riordan
L.A Candy - Lauren Conrad
Perfect - Sara Shephard
Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum series) - Janet Evanovich
To The Nines (Stephanie Plum series) - Janet Evanovich
Confessions of a Conjurer - Derren Brown
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
Unbelievable - Sara Shephard
Full Moon Rising - Keri Arthur
The Weekend- Christopher Pike

I hope 2012 brings you all happiness and great things :)

4 comments:

  1. Stumbled upon your blog and I LOVE IT! Congratulations on your New Year's Kiss! I think that's the absolute sweetest thing ever!

    Ahh, The Stephanie Plum series! I've been wanting to read them for awhile, but there's SOOOO many. There's a movie coming out based upon the series starring Katherine Heigl.

    Should I get started on the books or wait for the movie? Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so enjoy reading your blogs, glad you had a good time ringing in the new year

    Butch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Agree with above comment... Stephanie Plum series is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about New Year's. I used to go see the fireworks but now I never go any where. Sounds like you brought the New Year in a lot better than me... LoL. I'll have to check out some of the books on your list, too since I'm always reading. The only one I've read from your list, so far, is Twilight.

    ReplyDelete