31 May 2011

Little Trip

I'm off to Paris tomorrrowww!

Je suis trés excité. It's only for a night and two days but still it's Paris and I lovvvee it. It's taken too long to go back. Last time was there was only the first time and I was 16 on a school trip.



Where I stayed in a hostile in the Paris Ghetto. As you can tell from my vue. Kinda cool to see that side of it and where the majority of French rap emerges. Which is by the way awesome. 

It was also bloody freezing so it'll be nice to see Paris in the sunshine. I also won't have to keep ordering un chocolat chaud but instead un coca light s'il vous plaît ou une glace.

(thats a tiny bit of la tour eiffel there<) 

Sad thing is I probably knew more French then than I do now. I've forgotten so much of it. However going to the country helps a lot so you never know I might greatly improve. However the Parisians are a bit picky. Usually other countries like it when you have a go in their native tongue rather than speaking English. However the Parisians like you to speak fluent French or not at all. Which works if you're ordering stuff. We'll see how it goes. Today I've watched Amelie. I came onto the comp to update my iPod for the journey and listen to some French music and ended up with UK and US hip hop (Y). Found a great new song though by my two new fave artists of that genre, one from the UK and one from the US.

Have a listen.



So back to my trip. On the 10 o'clock train from St Pancras and on the 10 o'clock train again the following day but in the evening. Should be exciting. I've been on the eurostar before but was going from Ashford as my cousin lives in Dartford and that was easier. That was when I went to Disneyland and not Paris itself. So exciting also as I get to go into la Gare du Nord :)


me and my auntie on the tea cups
also winter

Most of my packing will be done at home tomorrow but I've noted down the things I must NOT forget from Brighton. These are: 



Electronics is like all cables like phone charger but didn't know all the French for that. I'm packing nice clothes as well. Paris is the fashion capital. What I would wear to a dressy event here I'll have to wear during the day there. This notion has partially been influenced by the book I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk, the third of the I Heart series. Definitely worth a read guys. Oh gosh typing this out is making me more excited and I need to be sleepy to get up early. So I think I'll have to leave it there. Cya when I rendezvous back in London :)

À bientôt

4 comments:

  1. You're trip seems cool..... I think maybe someday i go there.. haha...
    But it's fascinating, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! Paris is an amazing city.. SO beautiful and full of culture..

    All the best, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great time in Paris
    Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually wish i went, cant rememeber why i didnt. Didnt realise so many people went tbh

    ReplyDelete