8 Mar 2011

Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day!!

It's that time of year again where we all binge on pancakes! Granted this used to be more of a big deal since we only ever used to have them once a year. Now though, I have them a couple of times. Especially since I don't like English pancakes and jus' buy the ones you toast.

As I only like American pancakes my mum bought me this American mix for pancake day. Now I didn't wanna ruin pancake day incase I didn't like them so I had them a couple of weeks ago.




I'm silly that I forgot to take pictures of the finished product. My flatmate was there though and she might think I'm silly for taking pictures of my pancakes.

It turns out I'm pretty good at making pancakes, they were perfectly shaped, perfectly cooked and apparently tasted good according to Jo. To me they tasted like English ones, so I didn't like them. It's shame otherwise I'd be a master pancake maker. 

Therefore, today I jus' stuck to what I knew. Next time I go to America I'ma load myself up on Denny's pancakes. Yum!

I was however lucky enough to have some American syrup. Here is my pancake day:









I then went to Sainsburys and bought these two for £1. My pancake day may last a little longer than a day, though I've eaten half of one of these packs already.


I haven't eaten anything other than pancakes and chocolate today (as I'm giving up chocolate for lent).
Uh oh.

3 comments:

  1. English pancakes aren't that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I quite like english pancakes
    But I'm pretty much okay with any food people want to call "pancakes"
    It looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many pancakes did you fit in that toaster? I'm not sure that's safe. ;)

    ReplyDelete