16 Dec 2010

Day 3 - Your Views On Drugs and Alcohol.

My views on drugs and alcohol are liberal to a point. I think I'll start with alcohol as I know more about it.

Alcohol- Contrary to what you may think, I'm not a big drinker. I don't feel like every situation needs drink. I only drink when I go out with friends. I don't drink at home, I don't drink at family or family friend gatherings or houses. They find it weird so I may have a glass or something but I don't really feel like it and jus' do it to humour them; I'm happy with coke (the drink, not the drug lolz). I do like to drink though when I go out with friends to the pub or clubbing but I don't need alcohol to have a good time. Though I do have more confidence when I have alcohol. I find it easier to talk to people, people I don't really know that well or know at all so can meet new people. I never go out with the thought though that "I'm going to get totally plastered until I fall over!" I'm not apart of the whole binge drinking culture and I hate that. I find it embarrassing. Makes me embarrassed to be English. Maybe when I get older I'll drink more, not in quantity but more often.

Drugs- I can see why people take drugs. Same sorta effect from alcohol I imagine without the tired sloshy feeling, although I guess it depends on what you take. I don't think theres much of a problem with low class drugs like weed. I don't however see how you can take really heavy drugs like cocaine and heroin for a high. I think you must have to have some underline problems to resort to that for happiness. I actually watched a programme a few weeks ago on harmful drugs. Watched a clip in my Video class and thought it was really interesting and when I got home I watched the rest. Catch it here. Had some really interesting facts about drugs and the ones you wouldn't think would be that harmful are. Listed the top 20 and Alcohol was actually number 5. Worrying eh? I hope to never ever fall into trouble and mix with drugs. I don't think I would, well I would like to think I could talk to someone rather than seek help through drugs and not ever be tempted. Saying that though I could just as easily resort to alcohol. Though saying that, I don't think I could ever be an alcoholic; I don't like it enough and can't imagine getting up and going for the bottle instead of the apple juice lol.


1 comment:

  1. I actually learned like a load of stuff about you here

    I heard that apparently weed is less harmful than tobacco in the long run.
    It's kind of weird

    ReplyDelete