30 Nov 2010

Presentation

So Today was my Presentation. I think it went OK. Bonded well with my group. Our first and end slide was a big group pick of ourselves which made people laugh. Also 'cos 3 of our surnames were O'Brien, O'Connor, O'Donnell we thought it would be funny to add O's to the other two names. Confused my lecturer lol and Phoebe said "We thought it would be funny and we just though Oh let's do it on everyones" the pun made me laugh too much tbh lol & it wasn't intentional.

anyhooo
so our presentation was on the history of printing press, the public sphere, and where it's all going really

I tell ya what
A Levels are really handy things
I've referred so much this semester to stuff I did at A Level
can't believe some of the people on my course didn't take A Level Media Studies

So in my presentation my section was newspapers now and I referred a lot from A Level including blogs , vlogs and OhMyNews.

When it came to asking the class some questions about our topic I was shocked by the responses:


  • None of them read blogs, have a blog or would ever write one
  • None of them watch vlogs, have a vlog or would ever record one


They could of jus' been staying quiet 'cos our class is pretty quiet but even so not even one hand, not even following or subscribing to anyone. My lecturer even asked afterwards again and was surprised as well. He even showed us his friend vlogging I think to save us.  I didn't wanna say I had both let alone one 'cos I felt embarrassed. I did however say I subscribed to Alex Day and Phillip DeFranco as I showed two of their vlogs and Alex got a laugh :)

I do actually feel a bit embarrassed about vlogging in general and a little bit blogging. For the first time since having a blog and vlog account though, I felt different from other people. I think when your in that blogging cyber world you think everyone blogs too and it's not that different; you're jus' doing what everyone else does. However sitting in a room of people and not one having one, I felt quite proud of myself. Feel like I should blog about something more significant now.

As my lecturer was saying, if everyone blogged no one would bother reading them, so I guess in that respect there still are a relatively small number of blogs. I'm sure there will come a day in the far away future that blogs will die out but for now I'm going to try and entertain the 28 people following me as much as I can.

Thanks for Following :)

and

Thanks for viewing my Vlogs :)

5 comments:

  1. You certainly entertain me
    Well done on doing the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I'm trying
    to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this
    problem. If you have any recommendations, please share.
    With thanks!

    Feel free to visit my web-site: free ps3

    ReplyDelete
  3. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?
    My blog has a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any methods to help reduce content from being ripped off? I'd really appreciate it.


    my website: Paid To click multiclicker bot how to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the
    easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that
    they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as
    defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    my web-site; miscrits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day very cool web site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Amazing .
    . I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I'm satisfied to seek out a lot of helpful
    information here in the post, we'd like work out more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

    Have a look at my webpage ... wallhack

    ReplyDelete