22 Dec 2009

New Moon



I've seen it 3 times now
and I think I can make a pretty clear judgement and review about it now

So get ready for the longest film review
No spoilers
Though I've really over done it with the pictures

The second installment of twilight, new moon, was filmed in an entirely different location, even country this time. It was filmed in Vancouver, that's right Jen, Canada :)
It didn't make a whole lot of difference set wise which was good. It was even clever how they managed to keep everything looking the same, even the school building.
I liked the whole new mise en scene. Everything was brown and green, really foresty this time. It was cool as it reflected the wolves and represented their nature.

Blue




Green and Brown










Overall the film was pretty good. It was way better than twilight for a number of reasons. The main reason; it had a new director, who is actually good and had previous successful films. Not an airy fairy director who goes round wearing nurses hats and being weird.


So Chris Weitz



did a much better job. Stuck to the book way more. And developed their characters more rather than rushing through it.
Bella's acting slightly improved and she looked a lot prettier.

Twilight                                                                         New Moon


Jacob's body buffed up and you didn't notice his shortness in the film. Andd his stupid long hair was gone.



But not for the whole film


And Edward
Gave a heart stopping performance at the beginning
Really, he shouldn't be allowed to do that



Edward's personality shone through a lot more
Like his jokeyness
and stubborness




The hallucinations were good
Didn't over do them

I've been looking for so many pictures I've forgotten what I was supposed to say
So I'll say it as quick and short as poss

Wolves were very good





Volturi were acceee





Aro was the best!


Exactly how I imagined him
and I'd been pronouncing his name right :D

and Hello Demetri



The worst thing was about the film was that the ending was pretty rushed
One minute here
then bam over here
but the last 10 mins were worst
as didn't refer to book at all
and missed out the whole big new moon quote!

Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason… And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.

Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 23, p.514


Random things I just wanna add cos I've completely lost my way with this review

This is cool




This was the most stupid bit of the film
and it was really unnecessary lol


This is very hot and cute




Just wanted to include these



This bit was probs most accurate and freakiest bit of it all





Grrrrr




Voila

got a good impression of the film? lol

I haven't

1 comment:

  1. Love how it started out all mediaesque then switched to sezza term. What was that diresctor doing? Though it made me lol.
    Ding Don: Dimitri
    Major lol at remembering the running in frilly dresses wtf.

    Grrrrrrr icing ;)

    ReplyDelete